New digs and virtual high fives. We’re celebrating some pivotal events of our past year.
Planned and unplanned moments of in person collaboration cannot be replaced and are greatly missed. Remote work has challenged us, but overall made us hang together in remarkable ways. We’ve grown – with cause to celebrate as we mark some key corporate milestones of the past year.
We’ve been fortunate to be able to stay focused on our growth of leaders from within. Late 2020 we celebrated promotions for two new Partners and four new Associates. Congratulations to all, and a BIG virtual high five!
New Partners, Vice Presidents:
- Remus Banulescu, P. Eng., Vice President: Remus joined Mulvey & Banani in 2007, and he has steadily developed a special expertise in sustainable systems design. He led the team on Mohawk College’s (Net Zero) Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation, and is currently Co-Partner-in-Charge of the new Art Gallery of Nova Scotia.
- Kevin Pattison, P.Eng., LEED Green Assoc., WELL AP, Vice President: Kevin is now Vice President of our Tenant Fit-up Division, focused on the financial, legal and investment sectors. Google, Sun Life, KPMG, as well as CIBC, BMO and HSBC are just some of the projects he has led, as well as our own new offices at 90 Sheppard Avenue East.
- Divya Madharedi, P.Eng., Associate: Divya leads engineering teams on projects across public facilities as well as commercial projects, applying her special expertise with alternative and sustainable energy system infrastructure. Divya joined Mulvey & Banani in 2015.
- Ankit Patel, P. Eng., Associate: Ankit is particularly knowledgeable on the complexities of renovation and the integration of existing systems with new, working on institutional and campus expansion projects. Ankit joined Mulvey & Banani in 2016.
- Eugenio Antoni, Associate: With Mulvey & Banani since 2012, Eugenio is now a senior member of Mulvey & Banani’s Contract Administration team, predominantly working in the commercial office sector (both base buildings and tenant fit-ups).
- Travis Gregory, Associate: Travis is an Associate and senior member of Mulvey & Banani’s dedicated contract administration team. With his significant exposure to mission critical facilities and high profile corporate fit-ups in Toronto’s financial district, Travis now provides field review across private commercial developments, data centres and large public facilities. Travis joined Mulvey & Banani in early 2016.
New Office Headquarters!
After nearly 40 years at 44 Mobile Drive, we outgrew our premises there. November 1, 2020 was the official move date to our new headquarters at 90 Sheppard Avenue East. Suite 500’s spacious and mod new digs stand ready for our physical return to the office. In addition to a fresh new take on interior design, the move was an opportunity for a complete systems and technology reset, allowing us to showcase innovations in lighting and lighting controls, a robust and resilient ICT network, electronic security, AV presentation, room booking and digital signage systems, and office intelligence initiatives that tie all systems together. The tangible and the visual, together with all the “unseen functionalities” perfectly embody the firm’s commitment to an empowered and personalized experience, via light, systems and technology. The new office is getting rave reviews in the industry, including a shout-out as a lighting and lighting control success story!
Year 6 as a Deloitte Best Managed Company!
Mulvey & Banani maintained Gold Standard status again in 2021 for the Deloitte Canada Best Managed Companies program, for our third straight year. Originally winning our first Best Managed award in 2015, Mulvey & Banani first became a Gold Standard winner in 2019. The Best Managed program continues to be a great milestone each year to achieve- it calls upon us to adapt our strategy to ever-changing business conditions.