MBII is one of Canada’s most prestigious building systems engineering consultancies, offering comprehensive and professional services for the construction industry. MBII’s niche group of specialties – mostly science, and some art, attracts a wide range of professionals of varied backgrounds that collaborate and cross-pollinate together.
Our work environment is both challenging and supportive. We are committed to personal growth and individual well-being. We offer a variety of resources to support career development, including in-house training, mentoring, professional association memberships and formal education reimbursement.
Continual growth keeps MBII searching for dynamic and energetic individuals to build our multidisciplinary teams at our Toronto office in areas of specialization such as power distribution, lighting and lighting controls, security systems, ICT, specialty lighting, audio visual and building intelligence design. You will be part of a team that has helped MBII establish itself as a leader in the industry and work in an environment that is fast-paced, innovative and dedicated to excellence.
Audio Visual Systems Designer
The Audio Visual Systems Designer has a pivotal role in a diverse range of building projects and acts as a technical lead and makes recommendations about audio visual solutions based upon client’s requirements. The designer is responsible for translating these requirements into viable solutions that are functional, intuitive and in line with the project budget while considering industry standard and best practices. As a technical resource, the designer is expected to continually explore new technologies and make appropriate recommendations. Designers are required to think logically, and develop appropriate project specific strategies. Creativity and innovation are valued characteristics when it comes to our design team. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- assist project team of both junior and senior designers
- translate client requirements into functional system designs
- assist /prepare detailed and fully coordinated technical specifications and drawings
- assist/prepare opinions of probable cost
- conduct day to day project management
- participate in system commissioning sessions
- attend design, project and client meetings, perform site reviews and report progress
- research and stay informed on current / new technologies and trends
- assist liaising with clients to determine their specific needs, functional requirements, and timelines
- review shop drawings and as-built documents for compliance to contract documents
- travel to various locations (architects, engineers, clients, project sites)
- meet with vendors and manufacturers to evaluate products / services
- assist in define functional requirements
Click on the link for full job posting: MBAV AV Systems Designer
Mulvey & Banani International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, exercising a recruitment and selection process based on the principles of dignity, independence, integration and fairness. To ensure the most qualified individuals are hired, we employ a selection process that is barrier-free and free of discrimination. Mulvey & Banani will not discriminate against any applicants on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status or disability. Upon request, accommodation for job applicants with disabilities will be made available. Every effort will be made such that the impact of accommodation will not discriminate against another group protected by the Code.