How We Collect or Create Information
We may collect or obtain User Information about you: directly from you (e.g., if you contact us); in the course of our interactions with you (e.g., if you interact with customer support, sales or another team); when you make your Personal Information public (e.g., if you make a public post about us on social media); We may also receive User Information about you from third parties (e.g., social network sites). We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us. MBII is not responsible for Personal Information you volunteer about yourself in public areas.
This Policy does not cover the practices of third parties who may provide information about you to MBII.
Collection of User Information:
We may collect User Information about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: We may obtain your Personal Information when you provide it to us (e.g., where you sign up for emails, newsletters, other communications; participate in surveys; contact us by any means; purchase professional services; or when you provide us with your business card at tradeshows, etc.).
- Relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information in the ordinary course of our interaction with you (e.g., if you interact with our customer support team).
- Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information that you make public, including via social media (e.g., from your social media profile(s) if you make a public post about us) or through our chats, forums or communities on the Services.
- Third party information: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information from third parties who provide it to us. This may include telephone or direct mail efforts; from customers, vendors, partners, suppliers, third parties, commercially available or publicly-available sources (e.g., data brokers, data aggregators, public databases, etc.); third party affiliate network operators; referral sources; social network sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Employment information: When applying for a job with MBII, information you provide is used to process, respond and assess your application for potential current or future career opportunities.
Purposes for Which We May Process Your Information
Processing User Information may include but is not limited to: providing Services to you; communicating with you; analyzing user engagement and purchase activity; marketing our products and services; conducting surveys; and maintaining compliance with applicable laws.
The purposes for which we may Process User Information, subject to applicable law, include:
- Surveys: communicating with you for the purposes of obtaining feedback on your experience, products and Services.
- Communications: communicating with you via any means regarding news items and other information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; maintaining and updating your contact information; and obtaining and verifying opt-in consent where required.
- Advertising and Marketing: providing advertising and marketing of products and Services for prospects and customers. You may unsubscribe for free or opt out of these marketing communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email or by sending your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may continue to contact you regarding the Services.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.